BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is this dorky?

Just a quick update on the gender debate. I ran into Dr. R, our original perinatologist who was supposed to do my ultrasound last week but he took a day off. I told him that since he wasn't there, he had to do a nub analysis on the photos I had from my appointment. So, he looked at them, and said.....It's DEFINITELY a girl. He gave me a 98% chance! Now, THAT's something I can work with!

Now the debate will be a name. Carlos and I are down to two variations of the same name. I think I'm going to win eventually, but women always do, right? I just think with our last name having 3 syllables, the first name should be 2 or less. Sarah Q, you can back me up on this, right? You wouldn't have named little G something like Henderson (sorry, that's the first thing that popped in my head!) with a long last name, would you? The name I picked has two syllables but only 4 letters, and his is a 3 syllable one. Hmmm...

My other question is, do you think it's dorky to have a journal for the baby? I bought one awhile back in case it was a girl, so I could tell her our feelings/excitement/fears during the pregnancy and after she's born. A girl would read that, not a boy. I can remember reading my baby book and loving it! I hope she will too. I have just seen a lot of NICU moms writing journal entries for their baby to eventually read. Or maybe I can just use this blog? I wonder how long it stays online?

Ok, that's all I got for today. I have a coffee date and a date for BINGO! Ha ha! I just thought of it the other day and wanted to go. Yes, I'm a loser. But I have a day off, what else should I do? No baby stuff just yet, it's too early! So, I'll bring my bingo dobbers and get ready for a good time! Lol! Don't hate...you know it's cool. ;-)


Me

2 comments:

  1. Well Adam and I always said that if we had a girl, I'd get to pick the name and if we had a boy, he'd get to pick the name... So I think you should win and get to pick the name! (after all, she IS using YOUR uterus as an apartment and coming out of YOUR vagina!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa.. we thought long and hard about a girl's name, if little g was in fact a girl. We knew we had to keep the first name AND middle name short... so we like Graham Alden Q. For girls we had Addison or Madeline. I think those sound nice but still a little long. Our second child... girl OR boy is going to be Hollis {something middle} Q. We love it but we are hearing a lot of crap about it... I think we'll keep the name a secret {but that's what it's going to be}.

    ReplyDelete